Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's an Honor!

One of the best parts of becoming a parent (for me this was a quick transition), is the feeling of being so proud of your kids. I never understood when my mom would cry during a performance or be so proud when we brought home a good report card. In the past month of being married I have come to understand the many joys parenting brings and why parents feel the way they do.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have attended several end of the year events. Krista and Misty had their last choir concert of the year. They are so darling and such great singers. It's neat to see the progress they have made from the beginning of the year. Here are some pictures from the concert.
Krista and Misty in their choir dresses.

Krista and Misty singing

Aarone and Amber enjoying the concert

Also, both Chelsie and Krista were honored by the junior high and highschool at a special awards evening. Both the Highschool and juniorhigh scheduled the ceremony at the same time which was awful. Krista's was a dinner that we had payed for before we knew about Chelsie's so Tony and I went to the dinner and Grandma Marilyn went with Chelsie. I am so proud to say that not only did both girls receive an award for their honors achievement but also received specific awards for different school activities they participated in.

Krista was chosen out 30 kids for an award for her hardwork on the yearbook team this year. As they said "she touched every page of that book". We were so proud of her and like proud parents Tony and I both cried. I still get a bit teary thinking about it since it meant so much to her.


Krista's certificates and medallion

Chelsie also was on the honor roll and received a special award for her role in her Child development class. We were sad to not be there to cheer her on, but are so proud of her hard work.

Chelsie's certificates

We love our kids!!! Thanks for making us proud!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Andra! What a neat post. I'm so glad you posted on my blog so I could link over to yours! I've been thinking of you lately, and reading through these posts, I'm so happy for you! Your wedding pictures you posted are so cute. And what you wrote on my blog was so funny.We should catch up soon. :)

Tricia Squisha said...

That is so awesome! The cutest family ever. Don't worry, I just got choked up reading the blog. Maybe I am just allergic to the computer screen:)