Monday, September 22, 2008

I love my sweetie!!!

I have the best husband in the world. I am just so lucky to have someone is attentive and so thoughtful. He planned a surprise date for us on Saturday night. He told me on Friday to be in church clothes and ready to leave the house at 5 pm on Saturday. Of course I was intrigued but figured out where we were going. OC Tanner was sponsering a concert with the Utah Symphony and Mormon Tabernacle Choir and guest performers. I had seen the advertisement for it and thought it sounded wonderful but didn't think of seeing if we wanted to go. Luckily my sweet husband thought of it too.

The night started out with dinner at the Lion House pantry. You may ask why this restaurant? This is where we ate right before Tony proposed to me at Temple Square so it has a lot of sentimental meaning. I love the food there, so filling and homeade. Delicious!!! The concert was themed with Americana songs and broadway styled music. They had 2 guest performers, Denyce Graves an opera singer and then there was this gentleman name Brian Stokes Mitchell. He was so incredible. Check out his website and listen to some of the songs or go to itunes and listen to his broadway songs.

All I can say is people miss out by not going these events especially when they are free! Thanks my love for such a wonderful date and for always being so thoughtful!!!

6 comments:

The Duke Family said...

He sounds like a nice catch. I'll bet he would say the same about you! Hope all is well.

Teresa

The Dorsey's said...

Awwww what a sweetie! Sounds like you two had a blast.

<3 Janet

Holly Soprano said...

What a wonderful evening that you had. I am so glad that you attended the concert.

Theresa said...

Hi friend. I'm glad you found me. You're so lucky that you got to go to that concert. I actually heard the two guest performers on Sunday's Music and the Spoken Word. They were really good. I thought I"d like to listen to more so there you go, you got to.

Misty said...

We were there too! Too bad we didn't run into each other.

Andrea said...

Hello Andra! It's Andrea (Moody)! How totally awesome to hear about your marriage and your instant family! WHOA! I'll bet you are a SUPER MOM now! What a remarkable woman you are. Where do you guys live? Check out our family's blog http://www.capenernews.blogspot.com