Friday, September 12, 2008

Financial Peace University

Has anyone heard of Dave Ramsey? Well, if you haven't you should check out what he is all about. Tony and I's stake is sponsoring this wonderful financial program called "Financial Peace University" which Dave Ramsey created. The LDS church is not anyway affiliated with this program but our stake felt so strongly about this program they are sponsering it through Zion's bank.

Tony and I are so excited about it. We are excited to learn more about creating wealth and getting rid of debt. The first step is creating a $1000 emergency fund. We are on our way!!!What a great peace of mind and blessing it is to be on our way to financial freedom.

If anyone wants to hear more about this wonderful class let me know!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Andra,

Hello my dear friend!! I visit you too, but haven't said much. First of all, CONGRATS! Second, Brian and I have been doing the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (Same as Financial Peace) since August. It is a wonderful beautiful concept and has brough us so much peace in our home. We are just rounding the corner of step 2 (getting out of debt) by the end of November. That would be $26,000 of debt gone in 8 months. The key is the budget. You have got to stay with the budget and use cash for EVERYTHING!! Have fun and if you need any cheering on when you have to say no to things, come my way! How awesome you get to attend the class! -Suzanne

Suzanne said...

Sorry, since April!

Valerie said...

Andromada!! Your family looks great and it looks like your having a blast. Love the bike race volunteering. How do you get involved in that? Glad you blog stalk me because I do the same to you and Trish. I haven't been here in a while because you were kind of a slacker and your blog rating was decreasing. Glad your back! I should comment more often. Thanks for saying hi!