Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Little Miracle

On Friday, June 4, I went in for my first ultrasound. As we started the ultrasound my doctor could see I was pregnant but we could not see any baby. I held my breath as this was not the first time this had happened. My first pregnancy had been the same, my body thought I was pregnant but there was not a baby forming. With a heavy heart, I accepted the fate and we talked about how to proceed. My doctor of course wanted to check blood levels to see if they were going up like they should be.

That weekend Tony and I fasted and prayed that we would know how to proceed and that my body would be able to take care of what needed to happen. We also fasted for our doctor that she would be inspired in her care. We felt such peace and love and knew everything would be alright. As we waited for a phone call the following Tuesday, the doctor talked with me about my blood levels that they weren't conclusive in showing I would miscarry. I talked with her about concerns of being out of town and miscarrying. We decided to schedule a D&C so that my body would be able to heal quickly.

I got another phone call that day from the nurse telling me that the doctor really would like to do another ultrasound. I protested since we knew what was happening and I just didn't have the heart to see nothing there. The doctor insisted and so I went in trusting her judgement. As I lay there watching the screen, sure enough there was our little miracle baby, heart beating away. The doctor said, I knew that baby was in there.

I am so grateful to an inspired doctor and a loving Heavenly Father that knew this little baby was supposed to come to our home. I am due on January 17, 2 days after my birthday. We are so excited!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I am SOOOOO excited for you all!!!! Congratulations! I am sorry you had to go through that! How long till you find out if its a boy or a girl?

The Dorsey's said...

*jaw drops to the floor, followed by tears and a giant smile* Oh Andy!!!! I am so happy and excited for you and Tony. We are heading up to Salt Lake sometime the end of July, please come and see me. I miss and love you so very much. <3 Jan

Anonymous said...

so grateful for wonderful miracles our heavenly father sends our way! wow! what a blessing!!! so happy for you,tony, and all the kids!

Steffy said...

That's exciting. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Kim Chapman said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations to you and your family.

Misty said...

That's the greatest news I have heard in a long time! Congrats! We need to get together soon!

Unknown said...

That is amazing! Modern day miracles DO happen! Congrats!